Thursday, June 24, 2010

Resort 2011

Calvin Klein:

I think the collection managed to sway away from being stark and cold which, is a great accomplishment after using off-whites throughout the entire collection. I think the pops of Nude and the one pop of color (3) did a great deal of help; the collection is actually a breath of warm, fresh air. Also, look at those awesome shoes!
Celine:

There were much better looks beside the above four, but the rest of the looks were photographed so strangely that the "collage line-up" would've looked like pure chaos. I share the same theory that I did with Calvin Klein Resort as I do with Celine, pops of color made an otherwise stark (in a good way) collection breathe. Pheobe Philo dealt canary yellow versions of what has become the signature Celine bag, color block separates and gold 'dog collar' chokers.
Jason Wu:


I always seem to enjoy Jason Wu's collections; they're always rather feminine and joyful. And this resort collection is no exception, if I were a gal to purchase Resort this is exactly what I'd want to look like on vacation in somewhere tropical.
Givenchy:


The Givenchy Resort collection is tough yet, shares feminine characteristics. The lace maxi-dress (1), white chiffon frock (3) and the sheer bottom half of the fourth dress all mixed with leopard, gold hardware and tough tailoring make for perfect synergy.
Stella McCartney:


Sometime ago, I purchased the Sundance Iconoclasts episode on Stella McCartney and artist, Ed Ruscha on iTunes. I watched it (again) on the plane to St. Thomas and I can't help ,but love everything that Stella does. Everything she said in that 'documentary, I agreed with. Her spirit is so uplifting and positive, her collections always evoke this in subtle ways.

Instead of going on and on about Resort '11, I'm going to hop on the Menswear Spring 2011 bandwagon, but before I do so I think the Resort collections have been fantastic and wanted to mention Suno, Reed Krakoff, Proenza Schouler, Pucci, Nina Ricci and Preen being several others I thoroughly enjoyed.

All Runway Photos, Style.com and New York Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment