Monday, January 5, 2009

The Weekly Interview Column



As Fashion Tribes alike roam the streets of New York everyday, Kristin Prim chooses not to follow trends but to create them. I've chosen the 14 year old editor of PRIM because she isn't afraid to break the rules, the rules of Fashion that is.

Q: Who is your Favorite Designer?

A: It's honestly a tie between Balenciaga and Alexander Wang. But there are about 40 2-way ties after them!

Q: What are you currently reading?
A: ELLE. As a matter of fact, I put it down just as I got this email.

Q: How did you get into journalism?
A: I ran a blog, live.speak.breathe,fashion, for about a year and honestly just got bored of it. I figured a magazine would be the way to go and I just went with it!

Q: What is your Favorite fashion Publication,minus PRIM?
A: Definitely ELLE.

Q: What is your favorite local hot spot?
A: I love Beacon's Closet for great buys!

Q: What is your favorite item that you've ever purchased?
A: Probably my Alexander McQueen belt that I just purchased last week. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Q: Do you follow any style icons,if so who?
A: Not really. I like to think of my style as a melting pot of everything I see. However, I won't trick you into thinking I don't follow anyone. I really enjoy the style of Mary-Kate Olsen and Karl Lagerfeld.

Q: What is your Favorite Runway show of all time?
A: Probably Alexander McQueen's S/S 2005 runway. The chess idea was absolutely brilliant. My second favorite show was Love Brigade's Ex-Oh Viva la Future presentation. I was lucky enough to be there and it was amazing.

Q: Who would you say influenced/influences you the most in life?
A: Art. Fashion is art, music is art, rugs are art, doors are art. It is the single most important thing one can discover in their life simply because you face it every second of your life.

Q: What is your motto?
A: It may be cliché but, "Every day is a fashion show and the world is your runway."

Q: Mary Kate or Ashley?
A: This is a very hard question. Mary-Kate fits my personal style, but I can equally respect Ashley's. They have two very different standpoints on style and not one is "better" than the other. However, I do personally enjoy Mary-Kate's style more, obviously.

Q: Who are your favorite musical-artists?
A: I love Amy Winehouse, Crystal Castles, MGMT, 2pac, Lily Allen, Miss Kittin, Eminem, Gwen Stefani, and The Black Ghosts. However, there has to be at least 50 more.

Q: Who is your favorite artist/painter?
A: I love Basquiat. He was a genius.

Q: Louboutin or Choo?
A: Ouch. Why so hard? I'll have to go with Louboutin, but I cringe at the thought of even choosing.

Q: Balenciaga or Balmain?
A: Balenciaga, hands down.

Q: Lagerfeld or Valentino?
A: God a.k.a. Lagerfeld.

Q: What are your three cant live without essentials?
A: My Mac, ipod, and camera.

Just in Readers, looks like the Fashion Tribes aren't the only New York Fashionistas.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god this girls fashion sense is amazing!

    -Carine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has fantastic taste- outfits, music.. electronics haha everything.

    ReplyDelete